Clark's Eye on Books

Clark I reviews books and sometimes writes them!

The History of the 104th Combat Engineers (Pacific Campaign: 1942-1945) - Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat

Throughout our lives we hear people talk about, watch movies, read books and even see commercials that pertain to the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines. We all have relatives and/or friends who served in one of these branches of the military. But if you are like me, especially with the world as it is right now, you picture these men and women going into battle carrying their guns and fighting for freedom. In the movies we see these brave individuals walking down roads and crossing bridges. But have you ever stopped to think.. who built those bridges? In WWII it was 104th Combat Engineers. Their job was to go ahead of the soldiers to make their passage possible. Edward T. Cook's book The History of the 104th Combat Engineers may be a small book but it opened my eyes to the dangers and sacrifices these men endured to help their fellow soldiers insure our Freedom.

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are so many brave young men and women who serve us without asking for much in return. Those of us who have served know the sacrifices they make today in a land far away. Can you imagine having to put up with the desert heat, wearing vests, and full gear and still building a bridge? Good for them! and God Bless their efforts. Good choice of a book!

RSS

© 2022   Created by Clark Isaacs.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service